About mRNA Vaccines:
Current U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) available vaccines currently include:
- Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines which are mRNA vaccines.
- Novavax COVID-19 vaccine which is a protein subunit vaccine.
In case you have heard misinformation:
These vaccines are given as a shot in the muscle of the upper arm or in the thigh of a young child. COVID-19 vaccine ingredients are considered safe for most people. Nearly all of the ingredients in COVID-19 vaccines are ingredients found in many foods—fats, sugar, and salts. None of the COVID-19 vaccines affect or interact with our DNA and the following are not included in the vaccines:
- No preservatives such as thimerosal or mercury or any other preservatives.
- No antibiotics such as sulfonamide or any other antibiotics.
- No medicines or therapeutics such as Ivermectin or any other medications.
- No tissues such as aborted fetal cells, gelatin, or any materials from any animal.
- No food proteins such as eggs or egg products, gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, nut products, or any nut byproducts. (COVID-19 vaccines are not manufactured in facilities that produce food products).
- No metals such as iron, nickel, cobalt, titanium, mercury, or rare earth alloys. They also do not have any manufactured products like microelectronics, electrodes, carbon nanotubes or other nanostructures, or nanowire semiconductors.
- No latex. The vial stoppers used to hold the vaccine also do not contain latex.