What is Ethylene Brassylate and where is it found?
A Fragrance Ingredient used for MASKING Chemical odors and in PERFUMES
Ethylene Brassylate is a fragrance used in topical medications and in perfumes, particularly in antibiotic/steroid/eczema creams as a masking agent. It is a synthetic Musk fragrance. Quite often, individuals sensitive to Ethylene Brassylate are also allergic to other components of the preparation. Ethylene Brassylate is a colorless oily liquid with a clean, smooth and sweet scent. In cosmetics and personal care products, Ethylene Brassylate is used in the formulation of aftershave lotions, bath products, bubble baths, cleansing products, hair care products, lipsticks, moisturizers, perfumes and colognes and skin care products. Currently, this is being investigated as a skin allergen due to its Estrogenic activity and interaction with cell membranes.
We do not recommend using any product with Ethylene Brassylate in it. It has been found to be toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
[Hazardous to the aquatic environment, long-term hazard – Category 2]
Due to it is estrogenic activity it is a possible long term cancer causing substance.
Causes eczema on the hands and exposed skin areas very quickly. People with psoriasis often will have reactions to this ingredient also. If you see this in the EWG phone app – do not buy or use these products!
Alternatives Names for Ethylene Brassylate
As you can see these are a lot of names for this chemical as it is used in many products in the US and world wide. As you can see they use many names to hid this chemical!
- Ethylene brassylate
- Musk T
- Ethylene undecane dicarboxylate
- Emeressence 1150
- Ethyl brassylate
- Tridecanedioic acid, cyclic ethylene ester
- FEMA No. 3543
- CCRIS 9097
- EINECS 203-347-8
- NSC 46155
- Ethylene glycol, cyclic tridecanedioate
- BRN 0212344
- Ethylene glycol brassylate, cyclic diester
- 1,1′-Undecanedicarboxylic acid, ester with ethylene glycol
- Ethylene Tridecanedioate
- 4-19-00-01936 (Beilstein Handbook Reference)
- Brassylic Acid Ethylene Ester
- 1, ester with ethylene glycol
- ethylene 1,13-tridecanedioate
- Ethylene Brassylate (Musk-T)
- WLN: T-17-AVO EOVTJ
- Ethylene brassylate, >=95%, FG
- Ethylene brassylate, analytical standard
- BAS 00189937
- Tridecanedioic acid, cyclic ethylene ester (8CI)
- 1,11-Undecanedicarboxylic acid, ester with ethylene glycol
It is our policy not to list branded products where an allergen is found. However, it is often found in many skin care products.
We do however list categories of products you need to check.
Products which may contain Ethylene Brassylate